Saturday, May 19, 2018

Leopard Sighting!!

Hello everyone!
I'm Kate Steinfield, the newest addition to the hyena project. I graduated from MSU back in 2016 with a degree in Zoology and a concentration in animal behavior and neurobiology. I arrived in the Mara at the end of March so I've spent almost two months out here... just enough time to fine-tune my photography skills. And let me tell you, I've had lots of practice! I've seen just about every major tourist attraction; lions, elephants, cheetahs, wildebeest, topi, gazelles, hippos, and of course hyenas. All encounters have been WELL documented with my camera. But boy is it hard to find a leopard! A few days ago, my time to shine finally arrived. A leopard. And not just a leopard, but a leopard RIGHT NEXT TO OUR VEHICLE! This little guy defied the shy stereotype and came straight up to investigate the strange animals sitting in a box on wheels (making for a very successful photo shoot). I'm sure he was thrilled to have his 15 minutes of fame. Enjoy!








1 comment:

Deena said...

Awesome! Leopard is not easy to find in the Mara great pics and awesome sighting. Thanks for sharing!


Michigan State University | College of Natural Science